- How To Survive Mercury Retrograde Without Having a Nervous Breakdown
- 3 Simple Ways How To Overcome Obstacles
- Six Things Your Mom Forgot To Tell You About Motherhood
- Negative beliefs: Why do we think like a 4 year old?
- How I Used the Law of Attraction to Create What I Wanted
- 3 Rules to Allow the Law of Attraction to Work For You, Not Against You
- The Secret Place That Hides Shame
- How to Deal With a Crazy Psycho Obsessive Stalker Ex – Part I: My Story
- How To Wake Up To Life
- How to Get Kids to Listen Without Yelling
What Is Your Social Media Why?
By Karen Yankovich on October 29, 2014
Last month I talked about jumping into the social media conversation and I gave 5 tips on what to be thinking about when crafting those conversations online. One HUGE piece of that puzzle is talking about your social media and business WHY.
Read here my last month’s post in case you have missed it: 5 Tips to Communicate More Effectivelty Through Social Media
Today I am going to show you how to find out what that is by taking you through a series of questions you should answer and keep handy whenever called to begin a new online conversation series on whichever platform you decide. Let’s get down to business.
Start by asking yourself these questions in regard to parts of your business AND in your life:
1. What gives you joy?
2. What can you talk about late into the night?
3. What can you do all day long and it doesn’t feel like work?
4. What makes your face glow when you answer someone’s seemingly simple question, “What did you do today?”
These answers are what I want you to focus on because that is your zone of genius! When you focus on your zone of genius you start to SHINE. What happens when our business voice is shining? We’re attracting. Shiny objects attract attention. Attention attracts followers. If you’re then listening to those followers, and engaging them in conversation, those followers may become customers.
[Tweet “When you focus on your zone of genius you start to SHINE. @karenyankovich”]
The second and often missing layer in finding out your why starts with these questions:
1. Why are you using social media?
2. Are you leveraging social media for more than making money? (I hope so)
3. What is your ultimate goal with each platform AND each post?
You must know these answers before you proceed with your social media calendar to make SURE your efforts pay off. Don’t waste your time or your followers time by not having a plan to tackle the social media marketing beast.
Come back next month and I will show you exactly how to focus that WHY of yours with specific examples to follow and ideas to inspire your own genius plans! In the meantime, join me in my LinkedIn group, “Profitable Social Media Tips” and let’s keep the conversation going!
Images courtesy of iamharin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net